Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog 4: Instructions continued

After writing my introduction, I found that even though I think it's not good to have ones that are too long, I was still writing more than I thought I would. I believe most of the information is necessary, and sets the tone for the instructions that are to follow. After writing the actual instructions, I hope that they are as clear to others as they are to me, but I can only find that out by having other people read them. Because I wrote instructions for a recipe aimed at college students, I aimed to make them pretty simple and not too time-consuming. I thought the best format was to use bullets for the ingredients so that they are easy to see and read, and numbers designating which order the instructions should be followed. There is not a ton of steps, so I tried to make the breaks between each one logical. Hopefully they're clear enough that even the unexperienced cooks can make chicken noodle soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment